Thursday, May 3, 2012

Muscles That Hurt and Flying Skirts

I was so tired after troupe practice last night I forgot to post a blog.  I'll get this out before my day starts and we'll just forget that it is a few hours late.  Okay?

So I did Shape's Bikini Body Countdown workout for only one round.  I think I should be up to two rounds starting next week.  It is still kicking my behind, and abs, and back.  Okay, every muscle hurts right now, but in that delicious after burn sort of way.  I also did one round of HIIT during my walk.  Once again, I should be able to up that next week to 2 rounds.  I'm going to up it one round a week til I reach 4 round of HIIT with each walk.  Each round of HIIT I am doing is 14 sets of 10 second sprints and 30 second rests.  This happens to correspond with how my GymBoss is programed for BBC so I don't have to sit down and mess with the programing, I just have to get my dog on his leash and go.

Troupe practice was loads of fun and hard work as always.  We are working on a new piece of choreography that Ariellah started but never finished.   It will be added to our steampunk set for this year.  So far it is pretty fun and I love being able to use our gothic moves.  Up to this point, we have used a lot of West African and Romani dance moves.  As we are a gothic troupe, getting to use our foundation move excites me.

Also last night I bought a skirt from my troupe leader that she no longer wanted.  It was a normal 25 yard skirt but she had added satin trim to the bottom hem of it.  This addition turned it into a flying skirt!  A simple way to do this is to use satin blanket binding at the hem.  This is actually what a lot of belly dancers did back in the 60's and 70's for their skirts.  Right now my only other 25+ yard skirt is all satin so I don't want to add a heavier weighted fabric to the hem.  It is already an arm workout!  Any cotton skirts in the future will get this treatment for sure.

Well, off for another day.  I have to get my costume together for a preformance tonight as well as my normal Thursday.

Huggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment