Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Joys of Dancing in the Heat

So tonight my trouped performed at an award ceremony for the middle schoolers that helped out with our military salute number at the last studio show.  The auditorium was supposed to have the a/c on.  It is also not typical for Kansas to be in the 90's in May.  Add the a/c not on to the temperature outside being above 90 and you get a hot stage.  Add stage lights and our makeup melted off.  Other than the heat and cutting down our performance due to the heat, it was a blast.  The kids loved that their ROTC teacher was also a belly dancer and that the troupe came out to perform just for them.  Best audience EVER!!!

While I said my makeup melted off, not all of it did.  For my lips I used NYX lip jumbo pencil and it did not budge a smidge.  My eyeshadow didn't budge either using NYX's HD eye base and eye shadows from the Crimson Amulet collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment