Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Burning Can Be Good

   Today I was running a little ragged after yesterday's activities.  It used to be that this would cause me to take it easy and do nothing.  Instead I pushed myself.  I helped my mom load up her truck with downed branches between my split shifts.  After the work day was done I used Rachel Brice's Practice Companion DVD.  I did the 30 minute session.  This is where the burn comes in.

    Tribal Fusion: Yoga, Isolations and Drills - A Practice Companion is a great DVD if you have not come across it yet.  The only thing I wish is that a DVD exactly like this would come out for classical Egyptian as well.  It is broken down into time increments that you can chose from; 15, 30, and 45 minutes.  There is also a play all feature, but I don't know the run time on that or how it differs from the 45 minute practice. 

    After a yoga warm up, Rachel started in on the drills and isolations.  Since they are all done without level changes or foot movement, my thighs started to notice.  Not just notice, they started to BURN!!  I actually had so stop some of the drills because my thighs needed a break.  I guess we know where my weakness is now.  It was also not that bad in the calorie burning arena for me as well.  According to my heart rate monitor, I burned 249 calories during this session.  All in all, it will be in my regular rotation at 30 minutes till my thighs get up to par.  Then I'll try taking it up to the longer practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment