Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking to 2014



2013 is almost over and now is the time to look forward to 2014.  This year I am going to try something new.  I am going to try to work as hard as possible on me and my life.  That might sound preposterous.  I mean really who doesn’t try their best at least some of the time?  The answer is me.
I actually have stopped using programs because I saw progress.  Progress scares the HELL out of me.  I know I need it.  I know I am worth it.  Progress is just scary!

This year I am going to face my biggest fear and see how much progress I can make in one year.   I am going to follow plans set down by other people, as to not burn out, and blog it all here.  Ready or not, here comes 2014!

Programs to start with:

Setting my goals and following through:
Chalene Johnson 30-day challenge http://www.30daypush.com/
I am going to be doing this program on repeat, every single month.  It takes at most about 15 minutes a day. (cost: Free)

Clean and organized house:
Flylady Baby Steps and Beyond http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/
This is an ongoing program that starts with very doable steps and builds on them gradually so that you, your house, and your family are organized and able to handle what life throws at them.  Yes, I previously used this program, saw results and stopped.  Not going to stop this time. (cost: Free)

Eat healthier:
Betty Rocker’s Body Fuel System http://fuel.thebettyrocker.com/
This is an eBook in PDF format that has four weeks of menus, recipes, grocery lists, and detailed prep.  It also includes chapters on why you should eat this way.  The recipes include; turkey meatballs, French toast, bacon, scrambled eggs, fish, shrimp, roasted vegetables, and much more.  Everything is laid out for you.  (cost: $47)

Workout Consistently:
For this program I am going to use mostly just the workouts.  My meals are already planned out above and not having to make up a grocery list is one less thing to do.  This is a 3 month plan after that I will switch to a different plan as to not get bored.  I will chose it base on where my fitness level is at the time.  It will more than likely also be from Bodybuilding.com.  (cost: free) *starting 1/6/2013

Practice dance daily for 30 minutes or more:
There are many ways I could have worded this goal.  Let’s face it.  I have a lot on my plate already with the programs above.  Stipulating that I make progress on a move or what exactly I do would be too much.  As I have loads of DVD’s and choreography that I can work with, I will let this be a bit more organic.  I might even be able to get some review of my DVD collection out!

Lastly, I will blog daily.  It might not be much.  It might be just one sentence or one word.  But there will be something daily.

There you have it.  My big scary 2014 New Year’s Resolution List.  Nothing on this list is not doable, but it is scary to me.  I may need my hand held.  I may need a kick in my pants.  I will do my best to make it all happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment