Saturday, April 28, 2012

Starting Over for the Hundreth Time

I find that I restart more often than not. While most people might see this as a bad thing, I note that at least I restart. This restart is inspired by a phrase that Cassey Ho of blogilates came up with, "Train insane or stay the same." While she is in much better shape than me, she is a source of inspiration as she is constantly pushing herself to be more healthy. The basics of my plan is simplicity.

       Nutrition is said to be at least 80% of results. For my nutrition plan I will be following a clean eating plan of 6 "meals." Three meals will include protein, carbs, and fat. Protein and carbs will make up the remaining three meals. Fruits and vegetables are carbs. I will aim for 3 servings of fruits and 5 servings of vegetables. Most foods will be whole foods, as close to their natural state as possible. This will cut back on the prep time for meals as well as cut back on unnecessary calories. I will try to limit my grains to whole grains. For protein sources I will use mostly chicken, nuts or fish. The exception will be my morning shake that has protein powder, Greek yogurt and peanut butter in it.

       Training is the next 10% of the equation. For month one through five I will be using Shape's Bikini Body Countdown workout. Each month they come out with a different workout that is slightly harder than the month before. This will be my strength training. For my cardio training I will be alternating HIIT and moderate cardio aiming for 30-60 minutes a day. Mainly walking and running for this. I will also be continuing my yoga and bellydance classes on top of that. Also on top of that is any house or yard work. Staying moving even when I am not "working out" is part of the goal.

        Today I didn't eat so hot but it was much better than I normally do on the weekend, so I will take it as a win. I started out the day with my breakfast shake and a glass of water. For lunch though I had Taco Shop's enchilada dinner which had two enchiladas and beans all with cheese and cheese sauce on them. For dinner I did about the same, a small hamburger, side salad and jello from Spangles. I would have been fine there if I skipped the ice cream sundae, but at least I got a small one. I did my strength and HIIT workouts but only did one round of each. I give myself one week and then I am bumping it up to two rounds for each. It will be really hard for me but anything worth having is hard to get.

Starting point for this time:

No comments:

Post a Comment