Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Starting Point

Today I start a journey to become a better dancer. That may sound like a petty goal to some, but it is a motivation that will help me along the steps that I have to do to become better. I know that to become a better dancer I have to remove other obstacles in my way. So that you understand the journey, I will tell you about the beginning.

I am a bellydancer. I would rank my current level as beginner-intermediate. The things that are standing in my way of becoming better are; my weight, lack of practice space at home, and confidence.

My weight is an issue because I am 100lbs. over weight. As a result, I have less endurance than I would need to make it through a full set. Also, moves don't ever look sharp. I know that I don't want to ever become too skinny. That would lead to my shimmies being nonexistent. I want only useful junk in my trunk! lol

Lack of practice space at home will limit anyone wanting to make true progress with their dance. Daily studio time is not always available and practicing skills and routines daily is what makes them look flawless and effortless. My lack is just due to the clutter that is in my house.

My confidence is truly just plain not there. Now, that is not to say that I can't fake it. Faking it will only get you so far though. That internal self-doubt will show through to the trained eye. If the stress on the performer is really bad, it would not even take that.

So those are going to be my four main topics of writing about; dance, weight loss, cleaning, confidence. I will try to do two blogs a day. One with that days topic. One with that day's progress report.

No comments:

Post a Comment