Sunday, September 18, 2011

Returning from Illness

Today I am coming back to my workout schedule after being sick for a week. During this time I did not workout and had trouble breathing and sleeping. When coming back from an illness it is good to keep in mind that you will not be where you were before you got sick. Stamina and strength levels will be lower than when you last worked out. The longer you are ill, the greater the difference.

For that reason, you want to allow the first week back to be an easier week than you would have done prior to getting sick. Injury and another illness can be the consequences of rushing into a heavy workout. For this purpose I am reducing the intensity of my workouts and trying to break them out through out the day to allow for rest between sessions. Slowly over the next month I will increase the intensity and duration of the sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment